23.5.08

Tiago Botelho

My work is about line as a poetic itself. I have some root-forms and with them I built the figures. Its much like an alphabet, like an oriental calligraphy. The work has some influences like the underground HQ scene, artists like Matisse, Mondrian, Volpi, because they created a lot of works with the same elements. If you look longer to my drawingss , you're gonna see that they have the same principles of creation, I use a lot of circles, single lines, waved lines, drops, horizontal lines, it´s a kind of yin yang meditation that creates a sequence of gestures, some are more feminine, the next is more masculine. If the first gesture is horizontal, the next probably will be vertical, because its a search for the universal harmony.

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Adorei, lindo o que ele faz! Já sou fã!